Demo Site

Saturday 25 April 2009

Reducing amout of disk space used by system restore

I have a hard drive which has total capacity of 50 GB and having looked on my C drive I found a folder called System Volume Information which has a size of 3GB.
This folder is created by system restore function/tool which Windows uses in case your system crashes.
Having looked in system restore I noticed that I have a lot of system restore points that I don't intend to use in future.
To free your disk space this is what you do:

1. Click on Start
2. Right click on Computer/My Computer
3. Select Properties
4. Select System Restore tab
5. Click on Settings
6. Select amount of space that you want System Restore tool to use.

By doing this System Restore will keep most recent system restore points.





System tweak for increasing Hard Drive space.

No comments:

Post a Comment